Wednesday 10 August 2011

Huge sell-off in the Australian market


With the huge sell-off in the Australian market on 9/8/11 did anybody pick up some shares selling at under intrinsic value?
I know many investors that have been sitting on cash over the last year would be responsible for the large recovery during the second half of the day.
Personally I feel there is a likely large fall coming up again and to be even more prepared I've ordered a copy of Roger Montgomery's Valua.Able book. Since I haven't read Benjamin Graham's Security Analysis before I feel this would be a better introduction to analysis company values. I have read Intelligent Investor before so am looking forward to more detailed scenarios applicable to the Australian market.
Let me know if you have read both Roger Montgomery and Benjamin Graham's book and what you thought about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment